Sunday, May 2, 2010

Getting better

I got back on the training horse today. I turned out to have an infection that took hold while I was on the antibiotics they gave me for the cheek of doom. Ironically, the cure for this is a different antibiotic. I took the week off from training so that I could get better faster. And it seems to have worked!

I went for the Week 5, Run2 workout today. I seem to be stuck on this run - but after a week off, I thought it would be pushing it to go on Run 3. The weather couldn't have been better. It was sunny but not hot, breezy but not windy. This run was two 8-minute stints, with two 5-minute recovery periods. It was absolutely beautiful. I had a moment where I was overwhelmed with joy and appreciation for the day and being able to be out running at all. I mention this because this is not how I usually feel when I'm running. But I really liked it, and I hope that it happens again soon.

I dug out the heart monitor to train with, and I just need to sort how how it works again. I also finally broke down and replaced my running shoes. I will keep a careful log of how many miles I run in them so I don't have questions about when they need replacing. The New Balance store took my old shoes and will either donate them to Soles 4 Souls or send them to be recycled into playground surface. And now I don't have to figure out what to do with the old shoes. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment