Thursday, May 20, 2010

40 and fabulous!?!

May 19 workout

I woke up with yet another cold on the 16th, and then Monday was my birthday. The congestion drifted down to my lungs through Tuesday, and I was just on the mend by Wednesday afternoon. This happened to coincide with the group workout and open pool, which was good.

I did run 3 of week 6, which is a 5 minute warm-up walk, 25 minute run, and 5 minute walk at the end to cool down. It was a beautiful day, and I did the whole run as planned. There were lots of people out exercising along the same route I was using, and walking dogs. We do enjoy the heck out of the three months per year it is fit to be outside, here in Wisconsin.

I got back to the high school a few minutes too late for the visualization exercise the group had planned. So I spent the time until the pool opened trying to come up with something witty to write about myself for the other blog. So far, no go on the witty. And I'm having a difficult time finding a jpeg to go with my witty blurb. If I come up with something, I'll let you know.

Then it was time for the swim workout. 8:45 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. I swam a few warm-up laps with a kickboard. Then I did a few laps of crawl, and after that the bulk of the laps were butterfly. Our team leader had a camera and videotaped our strokes for anyone who wanted. I watched myself while trying to get rid of some (you guessed it) leg cramps. I didn't see anything obvious to fix, which is good. The down side: I look less like Michael Phelps than I had imagined. Oh well - in my mind, I have a powerful smooth stroke and similar kick. And most of the triathlon is mental, or so I've been reading.

Also, I finally got my hotel room for the night before the race. It's the same place I stayed at last time - the only one in the area not imposing a 2-night minimum. I was a bit rude to one of the women I spoke to while trying to find a room for one night. I pointed out that it was Kenosha. Which is probably where the woman I was speaking with lives. But she must be aware that 2 nights in Kenosha isn't really worth over $300.00, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment