Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Needing a Plan

I am needing a plan. That works with the people I live with. I was supposed to do a running workout today. I did not get up at 5:30 a.m., which meant that I needed to wait until DH got home. So, I tucked in the kid, changed into my running stuff and waited expectantly. Foolishly, but expectantly.

The earliest I could have left the house was 9:15 p.m. This seemed extraordinarily unsafe, to drive anywhere to go running, start after 9:30 p.m., and run until after 10 p.m. some time. AAAAAGH! I've moved the run to tomorrow, which I'll have to squeeze in after the Mother's Day Art Show at school. Which runs from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. And I need to be in the pool for my swimming workout by 8:45 p.m. This brick is completely doable. Unplanned, and unlikely to make Thursday's bike particularly enjoyable, but doable.

Also, I am supposed to be training with 12 women for this triathlon. But they have planned many of their workouts for Saturday mornings, which is when I have previously scheduled lab appointments, weight watchers meetings and various social engagements. Not to mention child care responsibilities until DH's baseball season ends in late (LATE) May. I'm thinking about setting up the kid with a previous caregiver for Saturday mornings. But then, on the other hand, I enjoy solitude when I work out, so the effort that would require is a bit more than I'm up for at this late hour. I will reconsider when I am a bit more well-rested.

1 comment:

  1. Yes - we are forever struggling with a "life-compatible" workout plan around here... not for me to workout (because apparently that is not compatible with life), but for Mike to fit his training in. I can't say there is anything in particular that works very well, but communicating the plan (and any possible back up plans) seems to be about all we can do.

    ReplyDelete