Sunday, May 9, 2010

Woe Is Me

I am starting to suspect that I need to plan my training on a 2-day per week schedule. I had big plans, which were again foiled by how I'm feeling. On Saturday I woke up with a head cold, so I did not do a swim workout, or the scheduled run, because it was cold, gray and rainy on the 8th. My back got increasingly sore throughout the day, so I babied it, and even iced it before I went to bed.

I woke up today to a pancake breakfast in bed and a bag full of handmade gifts. Lovely way to kick off Mother's Day. I iced the back again a couple of times, but I'm still hobbling around, not able to stand up straight, or pick anything up from the ground. I am not sure when I'll pick back up on the regimen. Right now I want to try some stretching and yoga tomorrow, and then evaluate. Definitely hope to be swimming by Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. My back is whingey, too. I keep finding my hips out of alignment when I lie down and check them. One of my various stints with PT over the years taught me a trick to re-align them, though. So I do that, and the back feels better for a little while. I'll show you next time I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete