Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chocolate Milk

My back recovered enough to do my scheduled work on Wednesday. I made quick mac and cheese for dinner, and got to the track at the high school, where I did the first run of week 6. The music in the podcast was awesome and kept me running rings around the track with a goofy smile for the entire time.

Our tri training team had a meeting in the lobby outside the pool, where we discussed post-workout nutrition. Chocolate milk as a restorative drink was the nugget of the day, and our after swim treat. I swam about 14 laps, which was a good workout. We stopped just at the end for a group picture, and the last lap after that was riddled with cramps, so I called it a little short of where I hoped to be. I did some laps where I sprinted half of each leg, and I also practiced alternate side breathing with a kickboard. It's most unnatural, and I feel like I'm holding my breath. I hope I can get it sorted, because it will help me go much straighter when I get into open water.

I'll try to get a run in on Friday, and then a long bike ride on Saturday. Time permitting, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment