Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cranky pants

I have my cranky pants on today. A good run might have helped, or it might have left me in a weepy heap. I'll never know, because I did not do any kind of workout this weekend.

It all started yesterday, when I spent several hours at work, where there is no heat. One might not expect that to be such a problem, given that it was April 24th, but it was mid-40's, gray and rainy all day. My office might have been 50 degrees, but it was not much warmer than that. By the time I gathered my things to go home around 6:30 p.m., I was thoroughly chilled and in no mood to do my run outside. So I got on the couch, got under several blankets and drank tea in a five hours long, mostly failed attempt to get warm. I was achy and stuffy and oh so miserable.

When I woke up this morning, I had high hopes that I might feel better, after giving myself the evening off, but alas, it was not to be. I spent today trying to convince myself to get on the bike. Instead, I watched TV, played on the computer, mad a cartesian diver (from a kit) with the kid, made a menu list for the week's dinners, got groceries, made stew and cleaned up paperwork at home for an hour. My joints and muscles are still achy, and I have to admit to being relieved when it got too dark to get on the bike.

I think I need to register for the triathlon so that I can re-commit to the training schedule, and get going on the bike training I really need to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment