Saturday, April 10, 2010

Raining sideways

So I completed my April 7 and April 9 runs. On April 7 it was, indeed, raining sideways, and I could not muster myself to go for the run outside. So I got creative and headed off to the indoor running track that encircles the Olympic ice oval here in Milwaukee. At 8 p.m. They are open until 9 p.m. on weeknights, barring special events. Which leaves me with zero excuses, if I get to that time of day and I still have running on my plate to meet my training schedule. NB.

The April 9 run was outside, in the crisp 40ish air, just before sunset by the time I got home from work. My DH ran to get Chinese for dinner while I put in my time running, and it worked out perfectly. My calf still has a little nagging ache at times. But I'm trying to take it easy - no sprinting at this point. I'm running longer, and feeling good.

The most exciting news is that my doctor seems to have given me the perfect solution to my leg cramps. She suggested that it could be an electrolyte imbalance, being exacerbated by low calcium intake. So I started taking a calcium supplement and having one packet of crystal lite electrolyte stuff each day, and, voila - no cramps! I could kiss that woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment